This 90 minute introductory workshop is intended to introduce undergraduates to the culture of research at the university, provide guidance and mentor support for students seeking research experience, and help students understand the benefits and expectations of being an undergraduate researcher.
After successful completion of this workshop, students are encouraged to continue on through our short R.E.C.O.N Mentorship Program.
Students who complete the workshop and participate in our R.E.C.O.N. Mentorship Program will be provided an official Letter of Recommendation from the URSC Office and will be assisted in securing an entry-level undergraduate research position.
After completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
1. Identify multiple ways to get involved with research & experiential learning on campus
2. Determine which research activity aligns with your educational and career goals
3. Have a clear understanding of what is expected of you when you become a research assistant
4. Be able to list several types of experiential learning offered here at UC
5. Develop and maintain a professional CV & resume