Undergraduate Research Workshops
This 2-hr Undergraduate Discovery Workshop is designed to educate undergraduate students on all aspects of Undergraduate Research Assistantships using a variety of methods to engage students.
After successful completion of this workshop, students are encouraged to continue on through our short R.E.C.O.N Mentorship Program.
Students who complete both the workshop and the short R.E.C.O.N. Mentorship Program will be provided an official Letter of Recommendation from the URSC Office and will also benefit from the URSC Office providing them with a list of faculty who work with undergraduates in their department.
After completion of this workshop undergraduates students will be able to:
1. Identify multiple ways to get involved with research & experiential learning on campus
2. Ensure that research involvement directly aligns with future educational and career goals
3. Have a clear understanding of what is expected of undergraduate research assistants
4. Be able to list several types of experiential learning offered here at UC
5. Be able to distinguish what information goes on a resume versus a curriculum vitae (cv)
6. Clearly understand when to use a resume versus when to use a curriculum vitae (cv)
7. Be made aware of the RECON Mentorship Process and be given the opportunity to be paired with a mentor
8. Understand how involvment with the URSC Office can aide in finding a research placement on campus and off campus
After successful completion of this workshop students will be invited to continue the program to be placed with a R.E.C.O.N. Mentor.
Students will be given a brief assessment of the workshop immediately following the workshop. Participation in this assessment is completely voluntary.
830S- Steger Student Life Center