Ranked as one of the top five most welcoming offices worldwide by the International Student Barometer, UC International is a key division under the Office of the Provost. UC International provides a diverse body of scholars a real-world education with critical cross-cultural experiences that enhance academic goals, encourage global competency, and strengthen the university community.
UC International collaborates with the Office of the Provost to discover and develop initiatives that benefit the University of Cincinnati’s global mission. Together, the two build and strengthen partnerships around the globe by providing study abroad experiences to more than 1,500 Bearcat students each year, supporting international research relationships for faculty, and fostering a friendly, inclusive environment for more than 3,800 visiting students, scholars and partners.
- Provides immigration and visa processing services
- Organizes American cultural programming, annual conference, and immigration check-in for international students and scholars
- Assists international students and scholars with employment processes, tax preparation, and status maintenance
- Holds study abroad information sessions and annual study abroad fair
- Helps develop faculty-led study abroad programs
- Manages outgoing student data and itineraries
- Processes international agreements with global institutions