What are students saying about UC Forward?
- “Not your typical college class.”
- “Closest course to 'real life' I have ever experienced.”
- “I would strongly suggest that UC Forward be expanded to many disciplines and problems across UC! This model is changing the way that we view education and has been one of the most outstanding experiences that I have had during the last five years!”
- “A UC forward class allows you to break beyond the constraints of disciplines.”
- “Connects students from various disciplines to work toward a common goal.”
- “Students from different areas of study can come together to work in a cooperative atmosphere, sharing ideas and learning from each other.”
- “Shown me what real-life collaboration is truly like.”
- “I'm meeting new people that I never would have crossed paths with otherwise.”
- “UC Forward classes are out-of-the-box courses that encourage collaboration across disciplines and generate new ideas for the community to solve real-world problems.”
- “Broadening the exposure of students to become more attuned to working in a team-like setting and seeing different approaches to a problem.”
- “This course allowed me the opportunity to present in front of some of the top members of the University's faculty, an opportunity I have not received in any of my other courses.”
- “For all that is holy never get rid of this class or classes like this.”
- “UC Forward is absolutely outstanding and I hope that we can discover creative ways to message its value to many more students. I will continue to sing its praises to peers!”
- “I would easily consider this the most unique single class I've taken so far (being a second year) and I think it's an interesting chance to actually feel like my involvement in a class had a tangible result from my success.”
- “This is a crazy opportunity that a lot of students would fight for if they knew how beneficial it really is for their career.”
How do you find UC Forward courses?
To find a list of UC Forward courses each semester, go to OneStop and select the "T" (Transformational) attribute from the pull-down menu.