Introduction to Innovation Transformation
INTR2099C, 3 credits, Spring Semester 2013
This course will focus on introducing the students to the certificate's infrastructure and foundational mission as well as developing their skills in collaboration, communication, team building and self-assessment. The course will provide opportunities for the students to practice and reflect on their collaborative efforts. In addition to the core objectives the students will be provided opportunities to network with students across the university encouraging interdisciplinary efforts.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain opposing value systems and paradigms to create powerful outcomes.
- Describe the concept and importance of innovation.
- Describe the concept and importance of commercialization/entrepreneurship.
- Explain the concept and importance of being and facilitating a force for change.
- Utilize effective self-directed teamwork, leadership, and motivation skills.
- Utilize self-assessed personal strengths/weaknesses while communicating knowledge and experience.