Fire Extinguisher Training
Web Based and Hands On
Interactive Web Based Fire Extinguisher Training (15 minute completion time)
Hands On Fire Extinguisher Training
The University Department of Public Safety has the technology that will permit the Fire Prevention Unit to conduct sessions of hands on fire extinguisher training. Persons identified as needing this training are faculty, students, & staff that work where portable fire extinguishers are provided and they are designated as intended to use them to fight fires.
This will include:
- Facilities Management Trades: Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Welders, Etc.
- Transportation: Gas pumps attendants & mechanics.
- Department of Athletics: Ushers, Facilities Trades Personnel.
- Public Safety: Police, Security Officers, and Fire Inspectors.
- Residence Life: Facilities Trades Personnel, RC’s & RA’s.
- Any faculty, students, or staff members who are assigned to work or study in a laboratory using flammable and/or combustible liquids or chemicals for the purpose of research or instructional needs. This includes persons that work in chemical storage rooms or facilities.
- Food Services: All staff members who work in kitchens or cooking operations where commercial cooking devices are utilized.
Training can be scheduled five business days prior to the intended training day by contacting:
Fire Safety Supervisor L. Watkins
Each session is to be limited to 20 students and will last approximately 90 minutes. A room 32 feet long by 26 feet wide with adequate electrical outlets and seating for the students will be needed. A one hour set up and tear down time will be needed and two classes can be scheduled for the same date. Hands on extinguisher training is an annual requirement and certificates of completion will be provided to everyone that completes the training program.