Safety is a Priority
The University of Cincinnati provides many resources to cultivate a safe campus environment. Although UC's Department of Public Safety and UC Police play a major role in the prevention of crime, students, faculty and staff must also make smart decisions in effort to live life safely. The following safety services and programs are available:
- Ambassadors Program - there is never a need to walk alone at night. An Ambassador can walk with you. Call 513-446-2968.
- Blue Help Phones - strategically located around campus to contact UC Police for emergency and non-emergency needs.
- Campus Safety Network - provides text message and email alerts about campus safety. Register at www.nixle.com.
- Emergency Txt Msg - students must register their cell phone number to receive emergency response notifications.
- LiveSafe App - connects users with UC Police. The free app is available through iTunes and Google Play.
- NightRide - a free evening shuttle.