Academic Advising Tools available to all faculty and professional staff advisors are listed below. User support for these resources is available from the Registrar's Office, Admissions Credit Evaluation Center (Degree Audit), and UC Information Technology (User Accounts).
Advisor Tools Checklist
- To Request access to a UniverSIS function via a Mainframe user account, first complete the Mainframe Access Request Form online.
- To request or change access to a Mainframe UniverSIS function or Web Advisor Toolbox account, submit a Request for UniverSIS Functions (TPX or Web Users).
- Download the free Open Text Hummingbird Host Explorer mainframe terminal emulator software for Windows.
- UniverSIS Training Materials
- UniverSIS functions available via the web. To request access to Advisor Toolbox, complete a Request for UniverSIS Functions
- Login to Advisor Toolbox
- To request access to the data warehouse via BI/web, complete a Student Data Retrieval Application
- Login to BI/Web
- Admissions, Registrar, and Historical scanned documents. Send an email to email@example.com with a request for access.
- Login to OnBase
- Semester degree programs, courses, semester-quarter course substitution rules, advising guides, curriculum guides, program outlines.
- Login to eCurriculum
- Blackboard plugin providing self-service student appointment scheduling with academic advisors, instructors, tutors, and others.
- Login to Blackboard & Starfish
- Course descriptions, frequency of offerings for planning purposes and program outlines.
- University of Cincinnati majors, minors, certificates, and graduate program offerings.
- User documentation available in the Bb academic advising organization
- Login to Blackboard
- Advising related announcements, events, user documentation.
- Login to Sharepoint
*If connecting from outside the UC network, these applications require secure login. For more information, contact the UCit Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-556-HELP (4357)).