Though undergraduate mentorship, the mission of the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) is to increase the number of historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals in student affairs and/or higher education, including but not limited to those of racial and ethnic-minority background; those having a disability; and those identifying as LGBTQ. NUFP is supported by NASPA, which is a premier professional organization for Student Affairs colleagues across the nation.
NUFP at UC
At the University of Cincinnati, the Division of Student Affairs strives to create dynamic and innovative learning opportunities for our students. As a result of these experiences, many student leaders are becoming interested in pursuing graduate programs and careers in Student Affairs. Beginning Summer 2018, UC will host its first Summer NUFP Interns in Student Affairs. UC will also introduce is first local cohort of NUFP Fellows beginning in Fall 2018.
What will a NUFP Cohort experience provide to UC NUFP Fellows?
- Direct mentorship and guidance from passionate and thoughtful UC Student Affairs staff
- Intentional Student Affairs training in various functional areas including Student Activities & Leadership Development, Residential Education & Development, Dean of Students office, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Women’s Center, LGBT Center, Ethnic Programs and Services and many others!
- Workshops to improve resumes, cover letters, personal statements and other graduate school admission requirements
- Support during the graduate school admission process
*Cohort experience is only offered to UC students
Benefits of the Summer NUFP Internship Experience:
- 6-8 week intensive exposure to multiple areas of Student Affairs at the University of Cincinnati including the Dean of Students office, Student Activities & Leadership Development, Residential Education & Development, Housing, LGBT Center and much more
- Free housing and meals for the duration of the internship
- Grow your network by connecting with passionate staff at UC
- Live in the heart of city of thriving Cincinnati, Ohio
*Internship experience is only for non-UC students