“The myriad situations that I have experienced while leading and participating in student organizations have provided me with many friendships and fostered a deeper understanding of the complexities of effective communication. As a leader, I have facilitated the diffusion of ideas by catalyzing activities for diverse populations.”
Mission: To increase, retain, and support student of color leadership development that promotes social justice and sustainable change through:
The leadership institute is open to first and second year students currently enrolled at the University of Cincinnati.
Facillitator Justin Jones- Fonsu and Peer Leader Alexandria Johnson at the Leadership Institute...Thinking outside the box!
By participating in the Emerging Ethnic Leaders program students will be able to:
• identify their personal strengths as leaders
• gain knowledge of their cultural awareness and its influence on their leadership style
• collaborate with others through teambuilding and program development
• demonstrate their development through the implementation of a group project
• participate in leadership activities within student organizations
Students who participate in the program will take part in the following:
• Pre-Institute Service Project
• Two day leadership institute
• Students will also receive a Student Mentor and interact with a number of faculty/staff
If you are interested please apply online at
For those students interested in being a Peer Leader please apply at the following link: https://campuslink.uc.edu/form/start/28977