KNCR Orientation Training - For Students, Faculty, and Staff
The orientation training to Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation offers students, faculty, and staff at UC the chance to build a foundation in nonviolent social change and reflect on their own values and practices as a leader. This training is offered all over the world, connecting Bearcats with a global community of nonviolence.
Through full participation in the 16-hour training, participants:
- Develop a nuanced understanding of nonviolence as a philosophy and practice
- Build their ability to analyze conflict for effective response
- Explore key examples of nonviolent social change in the US Civil Rights Movement
- Learn the Six Principles of Nonviolence and the Six Steps of Nonviolence
- Learn and apply multiple models to social change movements for effective nonviolent practices
- Late Spring Semester - Meet 10am to 6pm on Saturday, March 29th & Saturday, April 12 (must complete both Saturdays!). APPLY NOW ON CAMPUS LINK!
- "Maymester" - Meet 10am to 6pm on Tuesday, May 13th & Wednesday, May 14th. APPLY NOW ON CAMPUS LINK!