KNCR Orientation Training - For Students, Faculty, and Staff
The orientation training to Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation offers students, faculty, and staff at UC the chance to build a foundation in nonviolent social change and reflect on their own values and practices as a leader. This training is offered all over the world, connecting Bearcats with a global community of nonviolence.
Through full participation in the 16-hour training, participants:
- Develop a nuanced understanding of nonviolence as a philosophy and practice
- Build their ability to analyze conflict for effective response
- Explore key examples of nonviolent social change in the US Civil Rights Movement
- Learn the Six Principles of Nonviolence and the Six Steps of Nonviolence
- Learn and apply multiple models to social change movements for effective nonviolent practices
- Fall 2014 - Meet 1pm to 5pm on Fridays, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, and 11/14. APPLY NOW ON CAMPUS LINK!