Join Accelerating Racial Justice 2014!
The Office of Student Activities & Leadership Development offers the five-day Accelerating Racial Justice intensive for students to build their awareness, knowledge, and skills related to racial justice and inclusive leadership. Developed collaboratively by students and staff from throughout UC, this leadership program is an excellent option for Bearcats interested in social justice who can't do the year-long commitment RAPP requires.
Anticipated: Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14, 2015
Grailville Retreat Center (transportation provided)
FREE to UC students!
Through full participation in the 5-day program, participants:
- Develop relationships with 25 other Bearcats from all over the university
- Enhance their understanding of racial justice and inclusive leadership
- Build a personal foundation and a supportive community to continue building racial justice and an inclusive leadership community at UC
Accelerating Racial Justice’s curriculum is based in best practices in the realms of social justice education, intergroup dialogue, and inclusive leadership development.
How to Apply - Anticipated available January 2015
There are two steps to apply for this life-changing program:
- Read the Information for Potential Applicants - Should be available January 2015. This on-line piece is designed to cover the common questions people may have about Accelerating Racial Justice to help you decide if it's what you're looking for.
- Complete a written application - Should be available January 2015. This application gathers basic information from candidates. Information on how to access the application is available in the Information for Potential Applicants, which you are expected to read before completing a written application.