Please use the links below to learn more about your student's upcoming SAT test.
SAT for Parents
Your student can register for the SAT by signing up for an account on the College Board website. For each SAT, there is a Register-By Date, as well as a Late Registration date. Additional fees accompany late registration for the SAT.
Click here to register, or for more information about registration.
Standby test taking is not permitted. In some cases, you can request Waitlist Status if you miss the last registration deadline, or if your paper registration has been returned unprocessed without enough time to resubmit it.
Waitlist Status may be available beginning from the last registration deadline up until five days before test day. Although every effort will be made to seat applicants who request Waitlist Status, we cannot guarantee that you will be admitted to the test center on test day. Those on the Waitlist are seated after all regularly registered test-takers have been admitted and if sufficient test materials, staff and seating are available.
- 7:45AM- Test takers report to test room. At this time, test takers will present their ID and admission ticket and will be seated in the testing room.
- 8:15AM- Test room doors will be closed and test instructions will begin to be read.
- 8:45AM- Timed portion of SAT begins.
- 12:45PM- Testing ends and test takers are dismissed.
Parents are welcome to wait for their student in lounges located on the third and fourth floor of TUC, or in the food court located on the second floor. The SAT test does not allow anyone but test takers and testing staff in the room where the exam is given.
On the test day, your student must present his/her admission ticket and one of the following:
- Under 21: Valid and current driver’s license/state ID; School ID card; Passport; Student ID form.
- 21 and Over (adult test takers): Current, valid government-issued ID; Passport
Additional information about what to bring/what NOT to bring can be found here.
Please feel free to contact the University of Cincinnati Testing Services Department with any questions about your student’s SAT.
Additionally, the SAT website is an informative guide which can help you and your student prepare for her/his testing experience.
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Monday-Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m
*UC accommodated testing hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
All tests must be completed by closing time