Important Reminders for the Praxis II
1. Visit this website and read the 2010-2011 Praxis Series Information Bulletin. This contains information that you will need about the day of testing. The rules and regulations in that bulletin and listed below are set in place by Educational Testing Services (ETS) and UC Testing Services is not permitted to alter them or make any exceptions to them. Reading the bulletin and the reminders on this page will ensure that you are able to test and that your test day will run as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions, contact ETS Candidate Care at 1-800-853-6773.
2. DO NOT BRING A CELL PHONE WITH YOU. As stated on the ETS website, all cell phones are prohibited at the test center. We are not allowed to hold or store a cell phone for you if you bring one. We are required to dismiss you from testing if you have a cell phone with you.
3. Be aware of the timing of the test day. The following is an approximation of the schedule that will be followed, however, circumstances may arise that cause testing to be delayed:
7:30 AM All candidates for Session 1 report to McMicken 127 for room assignments
8:00 AM Candidates will be checked in and seated in testing rooms, testing instructions will be read
8:30 AM Timed portion of Session 1 will begin
9:30 AM 1 hour tests will end, candidates dismissed
10:30 AM 2 hour tests will end, candidates dismissed
Candidates report to McMicken 127 for room assignments, or next test room for Session 2
11:00 AM All candidates for Session 2 will be checked in and seated in testing rooms, testing instructions will be read
11:30 AM Timed portion of Session 2 will begin
12:30 PM 1 hour tests will end, candidates dismissed
1:30 PM 2 hour tests will end, candidates dismissed.
4. Bring the correct identification. To be admitted for your test, you must bring with you one form of government issued, non-expired identification that contains your name, signature, and a picture. The name on your ID must match exactly the first and last name with which you registered for the test. If your name does not match (if, for example, you have gotten married since registering), you will not be allowed to provide additional information (such as a marriage license) in order to be admitted. If you have any concerns about ID, contact ETS Candidate Care at 1-800-853-6773.
5. Parking. McMicken Hall is located on Clifton Avenue between Calhoun Street and Martin Luther King Drive. The most convenient garage is the Stratford Heights Parking Garage, located on Clifton Avenue directly across from McMicken Hall. Parking is $5 and you can pay with cash or debit/credit card. Do not park at a street meter, as they have 2 hour time limits and you will not be permitted to leave testing to feed your parking meter. You may find directions to campus and a map of Uptown Campus West at www.uc.edu/visitors.
Thank you for your cooperation and good luck on your exam!