The Portfolio Review Process involves the identification, documentation, assessment and recognition of learning acquired through formal and informal study. This may include work and life experience, training, independent study, military experience, volunteering, travel, hobbies and families experiences.
The requirements for requesting a Portfolio Review are:
- Students must be matriculated in a college at the University of Cincinnati with a declared major
- Students must be currently enrolled and in good standing (2.00 or higher cumulative grade point average)
- Students may request Portfolio Review only for those courses for which they are not currently registered or have not previously audited or failed
- Students must complete all paperwork requirements, including a statement of competency and a completed application packet (see below for links to packet). Incomplete applications will be returned to students.
Other important considerations:
- The evaluation process can sometimes be a lengthy one. Because of this, students should have completed all Portfolio Review applications prior to their last semester before graduating, or, be willing to accept the possibility that the evaluation may not be completed by the time of expected graduation.
- Portfolio Review, like forms of PLA, is not considered toward the college residency requirement