Do I need the Math Placement Test (MPT)?
You are not required to take the math placement test (MPT) if you have an ACT math sub score of 29 or higher or an SAT math sub score of 710 or higher. In addition, students admitted to the following programs are not required to take the math placement test:
· Architecture in DAAP
· Interior Design in DAAP
· Urban Planning or Urban Studies in DAAP
· All CCM majors except for E-Media majors
All other students are required to take the math placement test
I am a student entering into the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences: How do I take the MPT?
If you have been admitted to College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) you are required to take the math placement test unless you have a math sub score of 29or higher on the ACT or a math sub score of 710 or higher on the SAT. The CEAS math placement test is a proctored test. The process has been designed especially for students in this college.
You will utilize one of the following ways to take your test. It does not matter which you choose, but you must take it by one of the following processes:
- UC Testing Services Walk-In Appointments, Available Now UC students and potential UC students may walk-in during testing hours (see left sidebar). Visit this link for map and contact information
- Pre-Orientation Saturday Testing by Appointment
On May 17 and May 31, CEAS students may come to campus to take the MPT. These will be by appointment only, between 8:15am-2:45pm. The link for registration can be found here.
- Bearcats Bound Orientation – take the test at your orientation. You will need to arrive and check in by 7:30 a.m. on Day 1 of your orientation. You do NOT need to register for this exam outside of your regular Bearcats Bound Orientation registration.