Housing MainHousing

Housing Main

Bed Lofting and Bunking Information

Due to safety considerations, the university policy does not permit residents to construct their own bed lofts or bunks for use in the residence hall rooms. All beds are set to the Junior Loft Height for initial check in unless the resident requests otherwise.

Space configurations in some rooms on campus require beds to be bunked, high lofted, or junior lofted.

All beds at Stratford Heights are fixed at the junior loft height due to suite configurations.

All triple rooms are set up as two bunked beds and one junior loft

Where is lofting and bunking available?

Lofting and bunking is available in the following halls:

Calhoun Schneider
Dabney Siddall
Daniels Turner
What options are available?

The university is able to offer many bed loft options, free of charge. With the link below, you can fill out an online form to have your bed in the following configurations:

  • Requests to lower a High loft, Junior loft and Bunked Beds are always accepted from residents via email to the Housing Office.
  • Lofting requests for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 are now closed.  The form will reopen during the 3rd week of classes. Accommodation of lofting requests is always dependent on the availability of parts.
Standard Loft
  • Standard height (bottom of the frame is 12” from the floor)
Junior Loft
  • Junior loft height (bottom of the frame is 36” from the floor)
High Loft
  • High loft height (bottom of the frame is 64” from the floor)
Bunk Beds
  • Bunked beds (two beds stacked)

Student model is 5' 7" tall

Should you decide to have your beds bunked, both you and your roommate will need to return the form indicating that the beds are to be bunked. We are unable to bunk beds if only one roommate returns the form.

WARNING: Attempting to loft your bed without the proper equipment and parts may place you at risk of severe injury.

How do I request a loft?

Lofting requests for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 are now closed.  Check back here the 3rd week of classes to submit a request.

If you have any additional questions regarding the beds and lofting or if you are unable to submit your form online, please contact Housing & Food Services.