The IT Council is the university-wide governance committee chaired by the CIO and advisory to the CIO.
This group is charged to:
- Consider all significant IT initiatives, issues and policies that impact the university.
- Work with the CIO to prepare recommendations to the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance and the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Participate in the university’s Integrated Decision Making process.
- Sponsor the creation of a university-wide strategic plan for IT at UC that supports academic and research priorities of the university and lives out the objectives of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Academic Information Technology Report.
- Develop appropriate IT policies, standards, guidelines, practices and compliance expectations.
- Appoint chairs of, coordinates and oversees the five IT at UC Governance Committees—IT Managers, E-Learning, Research & Development, Core Services & Shared Infrastructure, and Information Security & Compliance.
- Create, coordinate, and oversee ad hoc committees as needed.