Microsoft Lync 2010 Installation: XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit)
- Download the client installer and the latest update and save them to your computer.
- Run the client installer (LyncSetup.exe) and follow the on-screen prompts, accepting all the default settings. Repeat with the update installer (update.msp).
- If the Lync client does not start up automatically, open it from the Start Menu or taskbar (Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Lync -> Microsoft Lync 2010)
- If your computer is part of the AD domain, and you are on the campus network, no further configuration should be necessary; Lync will sign in automatically when started.
- If Lync does not sign in automatically, you will be prompted for your sign-in address and password, which are your full UCMAIL email address (email@example.com) and your Central Login Service password.
- You may also be prompted for a username; if you are, use the format AD\username.
- Click Sign In to begin using Lync
(NOTE: You will need to be connected to the campus network or the VPN to download this software.)