Microsoft Lync 2010 Installation: Mac OS X 10.5.8/Leopard, 10.6/Snow Leopard, or 10.7/Lion
- Download the client installer image and save it to your computer.
- Open the client installer image (Lyncsetup.iso); after a few seconds, the Office:Mac setup window will appear. Double-click the Lync Installer icon to get started.
- Start the Lync client by clicking on the blue “L” icon in the Dock
- If you are prompted to update your Office 2011 software, make sure to do so as soon as you are notified that updates are available.
- At the Lync login screen, enter your UCMAIL address (firstname.lastname@example.org), your username (in AD\username format), and your Central Login Service password
- Click Sign In to start using Lync.
(NOTE: You will need to be connected to the campus network or the VPN to download this software.)