UCIT Instructional Design and Content specializes in leveraging technology to bring your lessons to life. Our services include:
- Instructional Design - Teaching online? We can help you design your Blackboad course site in accordance with sound instructional design principles and research backed best practices to create an effective online learning environment. We can also work backwards from your objectives to create learner centered, active online learning experiences for your students that result in more content retention than simply uploading PowerPoint and lecture notes to Blackboard. Let us help you take the distance out of distance learning.
- Visual Narratives - Have a story to tell? We can help you tell it with video. Create interactive videos that allow users to explore environments inaccessible to them in the real world. It could be something as simple as a freshman geologic field trip abroad that would normally be outside the purview of a 100 level course, or as elaborate as exploring the flora and fauna of a re-created Pliestocene Ohio valley. Our services include assisting you with storyboarding and scripting, shooting the video, editing to your specifications, and uploading the final product to our streaming servers for you to link to on Blackboard. Add interactive elements such as quizzing, and a video becomes an engaging experience for your learners.
- Learning Modules - Need more time in class for hands on activities? We can convert lecture-based face-to-face material into engaging, interactive online learning. Imagine online modules based on realistic scenarios where students make decisions or choose a course of action with relevant feedback. Using your existing PowerPoint slide decks and lecture, notes, we can create these kinds of rich learning experiences for your students online.
- Animations - Have a complex idea that students consistently have trouble understanding? We can create stunning 2-D and 3-D animations and simulations that offer views impossible to achieve in real life, such as muscle/bone interactions during specific day-to-day activity or real-time chemical reactions on the molecular level.. For concepts and processes that just can’t be understood through text based materials, call us. If you can imagine it, we can build it.
- Mashups - Have data from two sources that you need to show in a singlecompelling way? Give unique insight into a subject by displaying the data in ways that are far more illustrative than a stack of raw numbers. For instance, you could gather California earthquake data from the past 10 years and cross reference it with data from the Los Angeles Police Department. This raw data could be combined and displayed on a Google Map over time and clearly visualize if there is an upswell of violent crime in hours leading up to a quake.