Mission of UCIT Instructional Design
The UCIT Instructional Design Team is committed to supporting the teaching mission of UC. Using cutting edge technologies, the ID Team works with faculty at all stages of instruction to identify and implement creative solutions for producing learner centered, active instruction, whether online or face to face.
Have you ever asked...
- I've been assigned an online course...help!
- I want to get away from lecturing – what could I do instead?
- How can I tailor my instruction to individual learners?
- I’d really like to use video in my class. What resources are available for me?
- Every quarter, I change how I teach X, but my students still don’t get it. What can I do?
- How can I save time doing X?
- How can I make my online course more interactive?
- How can I create a more effective Blackboard site?
- My department has learning outcomes tied to accreditation - how can I design assessments that clearly show how my students are meeting those learning outcomes?
- What is “e-learning” and can I do it?
- How can I help students who fall behind?
- I’ve heard of e-portfolios. How do I know if they would be appropriate assessment tools in my classes?
- My students never think what I’m teaching will benefit them in the “real world?” How can I show them it will?
...then we have answers! We partner with other teams such as the Faculty Technology Resources Center and Instructional Content to help you do what you do best: teach. To find out more about how we can help you, contact us or click here.