WILL is a three-year experiential learning program comprised of both academic and co-curricular experiences designed to develop a student’s leadership over the course of their undergraduate collegiate experience.
The WILL program at UC is designed in partnership by the Women’s Center and the Department of Women’s Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
To build a community of leaders committed to intersectional feminism, social justice, and activism through co-curricular, experiential learning.
• Build relationships and partnerships with UC students/faculty/staff and Cincinnati community members.
• Enact leadership and creative problem-solving through a community action project designed to address community issues and societal needs.
• Develop personal leadership capacities, as well as recognize and critique individual effectiveness through self-assessment, dialogue meetings, critical thinking, and team-building.
• Engage in controversy with civility and recognize the role of opposing value systems and paradigms in everyday society.
• Make connections between curricular and co-curricular learning in ways that make a difference.
• Attend bi-weekly meetings (2nd & 4th Mondays) at 5-7pm in the Women’s Center.
• Complete a group community action project which is to design and implement a social justice,leadership conference for high school students in the surrounding Cincinnati area.
• Participate in one-on-one sessions with WILL coordinator each semester.
• Complete an end-of-the-year compilation portfolio that showcases your experience with leadership, feminism, and social justice.
• Attend 3 gender-related campus or community events throughout the year.
• Take courses within Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies (WGSS) to attain a foundational understanding of intersectional feminism (e.g. Intro to WGSS & WILL Senior Seminar).