Sexual Assualt Survivor Advocate (513) 556-4328
- Provides free support and advocacy services including accompaniment and /or assistance in navigating any reporting, judicial affairs or police processes. Advocates may provide limited confidentiality
- Available either by phone or in person to answer any questions, provide support, talk through options and just listen
- Contact: Paisley Scarberry, Interim Sexual Assault Survivor Advocate, UC Women's Center, 571 Steger Student Life Center (just above the Starbucks), (513) 556-4328.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) (513)556-0648 (24 hours)
- Provides free, confidential crisis intervention, support groups, advocacy and ongoing individual counseling services to students who have experienced sexual violence, sexual harassment, stalking and/or intimate partner violence while enrolled at UC
- Emergent walk-in services are available during office hours, 8:30 - 4:00pm.
- After-hours helpline staffed by professional counselors available at (513) 556-0648
- Provides investigation and accommodation for students filing a report with the University of Cincinnati
- Contact: Jyl Shaffer, Title IX Coordinator (513) 556-3349.
Domestic Violence and Protective Order Clinic (513) 241-9400
- Provides free representation to victims of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault and human trafficking in civil protection order hearings
- Contact: Kenyatta Mickles at (513) 241-9400
UC Police & Public Safety (513)556-1111
- The UC Police have a dedicated victim support team available for sexual assault survivors.
- Making a police report and ensuring that evidence is collected is important to preserve the option of prosecution, but it does not mean you have to prosecute.
Women Helping Women (513) 381-5610
- Non-university, community-based free, confidential support, accompaniment and advocacy. Located at 215 East 9th St., 7th Floor.
- Provides support groups and hospital, court & police accompaniment
- Walk-in or call 24-hour crisis hotline (513) 381-5610
University of Cincinnati Medical Center (SANE) Program (513) 584-4201
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program provides medical attention to sexual assault survivors.
- Nurses on-call 24-hours, trained to help sexual assault survivors
YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter (888) 872-9259
- Domestic violence shelter in Hamilton County serving 55 women and children
- Also provides case management, advocacy and referral
- For the YWCA shelter serving Brown and Clermont Counties, call (800) 540-4764.