Sexual Assault Support
Courtney Harchaoui - email@example.com
Susan Pelle - firstname.lastname@example.org
Both are located in 559 Steger Student Life Center (9am-5pm M-F)
Both can be reached at 513-556-4418 (9am-5pm M-F)
*For after-hours support call the Women Helping Women 24/7 helpline at 513-381-5610*
Courtney and Susan are confidential campus advocates who:
- Provide direct crisis intervention services to campus survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking
- Provide telephone, one-on-one, and in-person crisis intervention, hospital advocacy, civil and criminal court accompaniment, campus-based referrals, and accompaniment to campus hearings
- Assist students with safety planning and provide information and referrals with each student as appropriate
- Accompany students to proceedings/appointments/meetings as needed to provide information, advocacy, support, and safety
- Advocate for survivors based on survivor-defined goals and with the consent of the survivor
- Serve on the Student Support Services Committee
The advocates will serve all students, including students on satellite campuses, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) (513)556-0648 (24 hours)
- Provides free, confidential crisis intervention, support groups, advocacy and ongoing individual counseling services to students who have experienced sexual violence, sexual harassment, stalking and/or intimate partner violence while enrolled at UC
- Emergent walk-in services are available during office hours, 8:30 - 4:00pm.
- After-hours helpline staffed by professional counselors available at (513) 556-0648
- Sexual Assault support counselors: Abby Lewis, MA, LICDC, LPCC and Anusha Zechella, Ph.D.
- ARISE Program - Free, confidential mental health services (individual therapy, group therapy, psychiatry) to survivors of interpersonal, gender-based, or sexual violence.
- Provides free support and advocacy services including accompaniment and /or assistance in navigating any reporting, Title IX, judicial affairs, or police processes. Cannot provide confidentiality.
- Available either by phone or in person to answer any questions, provide support, talk through options and just listen
- Contact: Jennifer Rowe, Crime Victim Services Coordinator, Public Safety/UCPD - Office located with Public Safety/UCPD Office (Three Edwards Center 51 West Corry Blvd).
- Let's Talk is a mental health program that provides confidential drop-in consultations for students. It's free, no appointment is necessary, and students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Let's Talk is not a substitute for formal counseling and doesn't constitute mental health treatment but the counselors can lend a compassionate ear and provide support. Consultants can offer guidance on accessing additional resources on campus.
- Staffed by gender-based and sexual assault support counselors from CAPS.
- Provides investigation and accommodation for students filing a report with the University of Cincinnati
- Contact: Karla Phillips, Interim Title IX Coordinator (513) 556-3349
Domestic Violence and Protective Order Clinic (513) 241-9400
- Provides free and confidential representation to victims of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault and human trafficking in civil protection order hearings
- Contact: Kenyatta Mickles at (513) 241-9400
UC Police & Public Safety (513)556-1111
- The UC Police have a dedicated victim support team available for sexual assault survivors.
- Making a police report and ensuring that evidence is collected is important to preserve the option of prosecution, but it does not mean you have to prosecute.
Women Helping Women (513) 381-5610
- Non-university, community-based free, confidential support, accompaniment and advocacy. Located at 215 East 9th St., 7th Floor.
- Provides support groups and hospital, court & police accompaniment
- Walk-in or call 24-hour crisis hotline (513) 381-5610
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program provides medical attention to sexual assault survivors.
- Nurses on-call 24-hours, trained to help sexual assault survivors.
YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter (888) 872-9259
- Domestic violence shelter in Hamilton County serving 55 women and children
- Also provides case management, advocacy and referral
- For the YWCA shelter serving Brown and Clermont Counties, call (800) 540-4764.