*Please note: Rooms are currently being updated and may have varying degrees of functionality. For more information on availability, contact the Women's Center at 513-556-4401.
Important policy update regarding women who are nursing: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“Affordable Care Act”) requires employers to provide reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for one year after the child’s birth each time such employee has need to express the milk. Employers are also required to provide a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.
For information regarding this policy at UC please visit the Labor Relations and Policy Development page available through Human Resources by visiting www.uc.edu/hr/lrpd
The following rooms are currently identified for use on West Campus:
- Steger 559 – Key available from the Women’s Center desk in 571.This room is primarily a conference room and as such is subject to availability issues. Please contact Ann Brown at 513-556-4401 to discuss scheduling.
- French West 6440
- Old Chem 618A
- Edwards 5103
- DAAP 4470V, Minor upgrades remain, but room is available
- TUC 431- Access granted by request at the MainStreet Connection Center upon arrival. If the MainStreet Connection Center is closed you can call 513-266-8942 to reach a TUC operations team member to request access.
- Van Wormer – room #360
- Lindner Hall Business College – room # 10 S
Three rooms are available for use on East Campus:
- Medical Science Building (MSB) 1050
- Procter Hall (CON) 220
- University Hall 330F
The following rooms are also up and running and reserved for lactation/nursing mothers:
- UC Blue Ash- Muntz building- room 375
- UC Clermont - Edith Peter Jones building- room 203A
- Reading Campus - RCA 159
- Victory Parkway - Administration Building 820
NOTE: These rooms all lock from the inside and have outlets for breast pumps. Rooms may not have sinks available.
Gaining access to Lactation Rooms
- Using the list above, select your preferred lactation room.
- Contact your department’s Business Manager to order key for desired lactation room from UC Public Safety.*
- Students requiring Lactation Rooms should contact the office of their college Dean for access.
- Business Managers, use online Public Safety Access Control System to place/create a Work Order. Enter building and room number of desired lactation room. In the description field indicate you are ordering a “Lactation Key” and included the recipients UCID and name.
- Keys should be returned per standard Public Safety procedure once use of lactation facilities are no longer required.
*Authorized individuals may order a Lactation Room keys through the Public Safety Key Access website.
- Go to www.uc.edu/publicsafety/Keys-Badge-Access and click on Key, Badge, and Access Request
- Enter your six plus two and password in the Public Safety Access Control System
- Go to the Work Order section on the web site and complete the form using the name and the M# of the person requesting the key.
- Note in the Description box that this is a lactation room key.
- The key will be available for pick-up at Edwards 4 for that individual.
- Departments will NOT be charged for lactation room keys.
- A list of lactation rooms can be found on the Planning+Design+Construction site www.uc.edu/af/pdc/faqs, or downloaded below.