Sexual Offense Response Team (SORT)
Membership includes representatives from: Counseling Center, Resident Education and Development, University Health Services, University Ombuds, Public Safety, Women’s Center, University Judicial Affairs, Athletics, General Counsel, Office of Equal Opportunity, Communications, students, and faculty.
Goal #1: Educate the community about the prevalence of sexual violence among college students
- Objective 1: Maintain & disseminate statistics on reported sex and gender-based offenses
- Objective 2: Ensure that the Student Right to Know is updated with sexual offense crime statistics (per Clery)
- Objective 3: Issue university-wide educational reports quarterly
Goal #2: Inform the community of related campus services and reporting options available to respond
- Objective 1: Issue university-wide educational reports quarterly
- Objective 2:Maintain updated information on SORT webpage
Goal #3: Ensure university policies and procedures are updated and in line with best practices.
- Objective 1: Meet quarterly to review and evaluate relevant university policies and procedures
- Objective 2: Make recommendations for improved policies and procedures
For more information regarding the work of SORT, please contact Amy.Howton@uc.edu.