C-Ring Award Process Overview
Please note: Applications for the 2016 C-Ring Award are currently closed.
The C-Ring Award has been awarded to outstanding women students since 1922. The application process has been developed over the years to give the C-Ring Committee a well-rounded application with which to review potential nominees.
This year, the C-Ring Award Application will be completed online. Please take a moment to review the award process below. Questions regarding the new online process and requests for alternate application accommodations can be directed to Ann Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 513-556-4401.
C-Ring Award Applications
The C-Ring Award Application Packet must contain the following items to be considered complete.
• C-Ring Application form (completed online).
• A Nomination from a member of the UC faculty, staff or UC alumnus (submitted online).
• A Letter of Support from a member of the UC faculty, staff or UC alumnus or community member* (submitted online).
• Applicant’s current resume.
• 2 Page Essay
Essay Prompt: Please describe a specific example of your advocacy/support for women or girls during your years at UC and tell us how you will incorporate what you have learned from that experience into your career and personal life after you graduate from college.
Note: Essay must be exactly two pages in length, single-spaced, 12-point font, with one inch margins. In addition to content, consideration will be given to grammar, spelling and the structure of the response.
• All application materials must be submitted online at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/online by February 20, 2015, for consideration.
• Nominations and Letters of Support must also be submitted online at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/support by February 20, 2015, for consideration.
*NOTE: At least one of the above letters (Nomination or Letter of Support) MUST BE WRITTEN by a UC Faculty member for the application packet to be deemed complete. All forms will be available for download at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/apply
C-Ring Award Selection Process
• Applicants will upload their applications online at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/online. NOTE: All parts of application including resume and essay response must be uploaded at the same time. Applicants will be unable to complete application online without uploading all required documents.
• Nominators and those writing Letters of Support will upload their documents online at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/support. NOTE: Nomination Forms and letters should be uploaded as one document. Letters of support should be uploaded with coversheet as one document. Forms are available for download online at www.uc.edu/ucwc/we/C-Ring/support.
• Completed application materials will be forwarded to members of the C-Ring committee for review.
• All applicants will be notified via email by March 7 as to her status, in this process.
• Finalists will be asked to interview with committee members on March 10th, please hold this date.
• All finalists are honored and recognized at the C-Ring Award Dinner Saturday, April 11, 2015, 6pm. The C-Ring Award recipient will be announced at that time.