University Health ServicesUniversity of CincinnatiUniversity Health Services

University Health Services


The AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) obligates both employee and employer to discuss and attempt to resolve workplace accommodation issues.
  • An employee needing long-term accommodations may contact Employee Disability Services for assistance in resolving workplace accommodation issues.

  • Most of the time requests for reasonable workplace accommodations are resolved with minimal expense.

  • Funding assistance for purchasing rehabilitation services and workplace items/adaptive equipment may be available through the Ohio Bureau of Worker's Compensation, and the Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission.

    Policy and Procedure for Resolving Employee Requests for Accommodation:

    The employee requesting a reasonable accommodation is encouraged to complete the Employee Request for Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) form and provide the completed form to UHS Employee Disability Services.

    The form is available on the UHS and HR website.