Signs & Symptoms of Alcohol Poisoning
If you or someone you know has too much to drink it can be very dangerous or even life threatening. Check out these critical signs of alcohol poisoning so you know what to look for:
- Mental confusion, stupor, coma, or person cannot be awaken
- Slow breaths of 8 or less per minute or lapses between breaths of more than eight seconds
- Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin color
How to care for someone who has had too much to drink:
- Assess the situation immediately. If you encounter someone that exhibits one or more of the signs above call 911.
- Turn the person onto their side. This is important to prevent choking if the person vomits
- Do not leave them alone
- Do not put them in the shower
- Do not give them any food, medications or liquids
- Know that time is the only thing that will sober them up
If you feel concerned, chances are you should be, and you should act to protect that person.