Information for High School Students

If you would like advanced standing for previous college experiences or proficiency exams, please consider the following for your awarded credits:

  • General education requirements such as math, English, history and so on, will usually transfer to a direct equivalent.
  • You must have earned a D- or better grade for credits to be awarded.
  • Your GPA from other institutions does not transfer to UC. Your UC GPA is based only on coursework completed at UC.
  • Students who have earned credit through Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program, or a dual admission program, must send official transcripts to UC if these are to be considered for advanced standing. can help with all of your transfer equivalency needs. Transferology allows students to get information about course equivalencies, programs, courses and degree audits among a number of participating institutions.


Can I appeal an Advanced Standing credit decision?

Yes. You can discuss the issue with your advisor after Orientation. Your advisor can then contact the Credit Evaluation Center on your behalf.  In rare cases, students may wish to appeal an equivalency. Please see the University of Cincinnati Policy for Appealing the Application of Transfer Credit.


If you have questions...

...about your application, decision, or confirmation process, please contact the Office of Admissions.

Office of Admissions

Phone: 513-556-1100
Location: 3rd Floor of University Pavilion

Students in front of Tangeman University Center

Advanced Standing Credit

The University of Cincinnati accepts credits from a variety of programs including:

Other types of credit