If you want to advance your HVAC/R career, this 100% online course will prepare you to earn NATE or HVAC Excellence certification in under 12 months! You’ll master core skills like accurate measurement and conversions, heat carrying capacity, condensation and vaporization, and air weight and value.
This program is offered in partnership with ed2go, one of the nation's top online education providers.
- Understand basic components of the vapor-compression and refrigeration cycles, functions and characteristics of system refrigerants, piping operations
- Learn proper installation and operation of HVAC systems
- Understand EPA laws related to safe handling and transport of refrigerants
- Proper recovery, recycling, and retrofitting of refrigerants
- According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the employment of HVACR technicians is expected to grow 13% during the next few years, which equals 46,300 new jobs!
- However, the greater Cincinnati has an even higher demand for HVAC/R techs. In fact, HVAC/R jobs in the Cincinnati OH-KY-IN metro region are expected to grow by 15% according to Burning Glass, a workforce analytics firm.
- The BLS states that the average salary for HVAC/R technicians in the Cincinnati region is just over $41,000 per year with top earners making nearly $68,000.
Heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians, also called installers or mechanics, work on the systems that control the temperature, humidity, and quality of the air in our homes, workplaces, and all other types of buildings.
Many states require that HVAC/R technicians have a license before they are able to work independently. NATE and HVAC Excellence certifications are widely recognized both in the field and by customers seeking service.
Yes. This HVAC/R Technician Certification course will prepare you for the HVAC Excellence Core and Professional Technician certifications exams, the NATE Core and Specialty Test certification exams, and the EPA Section 608 certification exam.
This Certified HVACR Technician course can be completed in 12 months or less and it will help you:
- Build a strong foundation of HVACR service, repair, and maintenance
- Prepare to sit for the NATE certification exams
- Prepare to sit for the HVAC Excellence certification exams
- Prepare to sit for the EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling exam
About Your Instructor
Mike Baker has been an instructor since 2011. He was previously an HVAC Program Director at both Virginia College and Vista College. Baker was a HVAC technician for several decades and has experience hiring, training, and managing HVAC Technicians. He holds numerous HVAC Excellence certifications, several Green Mechanical Council certifications, an EPA 608 Universal certification, and Emerson Climate Technology certifications. He has served as both an HVAC Excellence Instructor and Exam Proctor.