CPS students graduate from UC – leading the university and the city into a new era of innovation and impact.
-CPS Strong Vision
CPS Strong is a partnership across UC, Cincinnati Public Schools, and the broader community to support readiness, create access, and foster success for CPS students by aligning and co-designing programs and services in order to facilitate a more robust, system-wide ecosystem of support, with the student at the center.
Goal 1: Support CPS-UC Students to graduate successfully from UC.
- Increase graduation rates and close graduation gaps of CPS-UC Students
- Increase Cincinnati-based career outcomes of CPS-UC graduates
- Increase alumni engagement of CPS-UC graduates
Goal 2: Support CPS students through readiness for and access to UC.
- Increase college readiness of CPS students involved in UC partnership programs
- Increase good-fit college access to CPS students entering into UC
- University-wide READINESS programming
- Informed ACCESS to college
- Increase SUCCESS or students
- Improve college AFFORDABILITY
Our Next Steps
1. Facilitate greater coordination
- Coordination Hub & Staff
2. Increase success supports
- Success Coaches
- Social Worker
- Barrier Reduction (emergency relief, food pantry, loaner laptops)
3. Develop coordinated and aligned access systems
- Bearcats Tracker App
- UCBA Admissions for CPS graduates (transportation, Open House, Admitted Student Day )
4. Expand impactful UC readiness programming
- Breakthrough Cincinnati @ UC
- UC Scholars Academy