During the hiring process, prospective employees with degrees from international institutions may need their credentials to be evaluated to a US equivalent.
If a degree is NOT from a university in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Australia, an acceptable evaluation should:
- consider formal education only, not practical training experience;
- state if the collegiate training was post secondary education, i.e., did the applicant complete the United States equivalent of high school studies before entering college;
- provide a detailed explanation of the materials evaluated, rather than a simple conclusive statement;
- briefly state the qualifications and experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.
Suggested Credential Evaluators
- Academic Credentials Services, Inc.
- Education International, Inc.
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
- Morningside Evaluations
*will provide expedited service
- World Education Services, Inc.