Component Edit Dialog
You can open a component to edit the content using the edit (pencil) icon of the component toolbar. For most of the text components listed below, when engaging the edit (pencil) icon a new text editing toolbar will appear and provides the following options.
- Format: Set bold, italic and underline formatting
- Lists: Create bulleted or numbered lists or set the indentation
- Hyperlink: Insert both internal or external links
- Unlink: Removes an existing hyperlink
- Fullscreen: Opens the text editor in a full window, for use of when working with large sections of text.
- Close: Clicking the "x" icon will cancel out any edits you have made since you last opened the component.
- Save: Clicking the checkmark icon will save your edits.
If you need to use an anchor you can access that function from full screen mode.
This is the text component. It allows you to enter in your text and apply some formatting options which are available from the formatting toolbar. You can create lists and hyperlinks in your text box. This will be the most common component you use on your sites.
A call-out card is a standard text box but styled to appear on a grey background which allows it to stand out among other text content. The recommended use is for a small section of content, typically no more than one paragraph. Good use cases include deadlines, requirements or tips and information.
If needed, a heading level can also be added in the call out card using the configure (wrench) icon.
Heading structure is used on web pages to organize information on a page into an outline format. They provide visual cues to the user that a new content section has started. They can be thought of as titles for your content sections.
Additional resources on how to ensure your heading levels are accessible are available on the Accessibility Network website.