Tech & Space Offerings
FEC also offers a variety of technologically enhanced spaces to meet faculty needs:
- The 4K high-definition conference room with fast and reliable teleconferencing
- Conference rooms equipped with computers, 55+ inch monitors, web-conferences, and video recording capabilities.
- Small conf. rooms for reading and writing.
- Project rooms for research meetings, planning meetings, meetings with students and/or collaborators, and more.
- Two lounge areas, a kitchenette, fresh coffee, and daily lockers
Rooms can be reserved through the schedule assistant in Outlook 365.
- Log into email on web browser. We recommend Google Chrome.
- Click on the calendar icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Double click on the desired date for which you want to book.
- Input the meeting title, required attendees, time frame for which you want to book*, search the name for the room for which you want to book in the location field (All rooms in the FEC are 540 and 545 rooms followed by a letter)
- Click done, hit send. ALL our rooms in the faculty enrichment center are the 540 and 545 rooms, followed with a letter.
- 7. Once booked, the Faculty Enrichment Center will receive an email notification, and will either approve or not approve the booking request depending on availability and meeting purpose.**
*The center closes at 5pm sharp. Please ensure your meeting ends by 4:45 to allow for exit time.
**We are currently not accepting bookings for undergrad or grad classes due to space availability.
We please ask that you cancel the invite within 24 hours of the booking if you know you are not going to use the room.
Conference rooms and meeting spaces can be reserved through Microsoft Outlook. The following scheduling tutorial is provided for your assistance. When adding rooms, look for “Conf Rm-Langsam FEC.” The room capacities have been added to assist you in selecting the best room for your meeting needs. The following rooms are available:
- FEC 540A – Creative Innovation Room. Cap 16. Tables and chairs of varying heights with mobile web conferencing equipment, internet access, writeable boards, and a PC and Mac with tons of software.
- FEC 540B – Group Project Room. Cap 6. Tables and chairs with space to lay out papers and projects. Computer with internet access and a projector are available.
- FEC 540D – 4K Meeting Room. Cap 8. Small conference room with 4K web-conferencing equipment and fast internet to support high definition graphics and conference calls with a large number of attendees.
- FEC 540 F – Conference Room F. Cap 16. Recessed monitor, computer with internet access, projector, and video recording equipment is available. Movable furniture allows for flexible seating arrangments.
- FEC 540 G – Conference Room G. Cap 20. Recessed monitor, computer with internet access, projector, and video recording equipment available. Movable furniture accommodates flexible seating arrangements.
- FEC 540 G/F – Conference Room G/F. Cap 36. Recessed monitor, computer with internet access, projector, and video recording equipment available Movable furniture accommodates flexible seating arrangements. Lecture style seating (i.e., rows of chairs) can accommodate 45.
- FEC 545 B – Collaboration Room B. Cap 8. Small conference room with a monitor, computer with internet access, and projector available.
- FEC 545 C – Collaboration Room C. Cap 8. Small conference room with a monitor, computer with internet access, and projector available.
- FEC 545 N – Meeting Room N. Cap 4. Meeting room with lounge chairs and a conference phone for reading, convening small groups or working privately.
- FEC 545 P – Meeting Room P. Cap 4. Meeting room with lounge chairs and a conference phone for reading, convening small groups or working privately.
The FEC offers two open work areas with convenient charging stations for your electronics. A meditation room is available when you need a quiet break. A kitchenette with ample eating space, refrigerator (for daily use), and a Keurig machine are available. Lockers are available for daily use.