Annual EIT Training
The University of Cincinnati’s annual EIT Accessibility training must be completed by November 5, 2019.
The university’s EIT Accessibility Policy states that all agents of the university, including faculty and staff, who create or contribute to the creation or procurement of websites, software, applications, electronic course content, or the content provided in any of these, must complete annual EIT Accessibility training. Completing this training not only fulfills a compliance requirement but also provides the UC community with the necessary baseline understanding of creating accessible course materials, websites and other electronic content and systems for persons with disabilities, an act which is critical in the university’s ability to fulfill the mandate of the Americans with Disabilities Act that no qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefit of services, programs, or activities of the university.
About the Course
The annual accessibility compliance training is accessed from Blackboard, listed in “courses in which you are a STUDENT” as EIT_02_EACCESSIBILITY: EIT Accessibility Policy, Roles, and Responsibilities Annual Training. All employees of the university are automatically enrolled in the course. All others can enroll in the course through the steps found in the Blackboard self-enrollment guide or by contacting the Office of Institutional Accessibility.
Who Should Take the Course?
As stated in the EIT Accessibility Policy, all agents of the university, including faculty and staff, who create or contribute to the creation or procurement of websites, software, applications, electronic course content, or the content provided in any of these, must complete the annual EIT Accessibility training course. These agents include:
- Faculty members who use Blackboard/Canvas, or any online materials for teaching and learning
- Staff members create any content or resources for or in Blackboard or Canvas to support faculty
- All faculty, staff or students who are web authors and/or content contributors to a UC or UC-affiliated website
- Faculty and staff who distribute UC-affiliated communications via other systems, such as Starfish or Catalyst, or via email distribution methods, like listservs or newsletter programs
- Faculty and staff who are involved in the selection, decision making and purchasing of software or systems, either centrally or within units
- IT Staff (central and distributed) who support implementation of such systems
If you have questions about the requirements for this course, please contact the university’s EIT Accessibility Coordinator. For technical assistance with the course, start a Canopy support chat.
Verifying Your Course Completion
If you want to check to see if you have completed the training, there are two ways you can do that:
- Log into Blackboard, select the course, go to My Grades and see if you have a total score of 150 points (50 points per module).
- Log into SuccessFactors and go to Learning. Once there select view all under History. Find the course (EIT Accessibility Policy, Roles and Responsibilities Annual Training). Click on the Print Icon. This will generate your certificate. It may take up to 48 hours for your certificate to appear in SuccessFactors.
If you do not see the course as completed in SuccessFactors or do not have a total of 150 points in Blackboard, you have not completed the course and will need to do so by November 5th.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Guess.