High-Performance Computing (HPC)
High-Performance Computing (HPC) is available in a number of locations throughout campus. Whether you wish to work on a department cluster, a UC centralized facility, or in the cloud, UCIT R&D can assist you with your needs. We can also help with obtaining new clusters, co-location, and new cloud-based initiatives.
UC researchers and research assistants have access to the state of Ohio's powerful Ohio Supercomputer Center's (OSC) High Performance Computing clusters, software and expertise, as well as Amazon Web Services. UCIT R&D facilitates access to these resources and assists researchers.
Local & National Computational Resources
Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC)
Any faculty member or research scientist at an academic institution in Ohio is eligible for an academic account at Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) to access High-Performance Computing (HPC) resources. These researchers/educators may request accounts for their students and collaborators. Commercial accounts are also available.
NOTE: All first-time PIs must submit a signature page (electronically or hard copy). Please send a copy of the signature page to the attention of the Allocations Committee, OSC, 1224 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio, 43212.
- Apply for Startup Project - available to eligible new researchers; include login accounts on all of OSC's high-performance computers and 5000 resource units.
- Apply for Classroom Project - projects with 5000 resource units that allow students to learn high performance computing or to apply high performance computing to a particular subject; good for one term only.
- Apply for Additional Resources - Five page proposal required along with PI’s resume.
- Learn more about OSC HPC hardware
- Learn more about OSC HPC software
- Learn about Bridges, a uniquely capable resource for empowering new research communities and bringing together HPC, AI and Big Data.