COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
BCS Job Shadowing
Purpose and Benefits of Job Shadowing
Job shadowing is a work experience option where an employee learns about a position by walking through the work as a “shadow” to a competent worker from another area. The shadower will witness firsthand the work environment and the occupational/interpersonal skills practiced by their shadow coach.
The Job Shadowing Program will:
- provide a learning experience for both parties;
- enable a better understanding of the role of other employees and the work they do;
- bring together people from different areas of the department;
- improve communication and enhance networking opportunities;
- share best practices;
- enhance individual self-development and assist ongoing professional development;
- assist in breaking down barriers between different roles, teams, and divisions/departments.
What is the process?
Potential shadowers will make an initial request to their immediate supervisor and discuss what they hope to gain from the experience. When you and your supervisor are aligned and ready to coordinate with BCS to set up the job shadowing experience, simply fill out the form below. We look forward to working with you!