The Efficiency Council is currently on hiatus as university senior leadership review and plan for implementation of the Huron Efficiency report to assure efficiency efforts are appropriately prioritized and consistent with President Pinto’s Strategic Direction.
The Efficiency Council (EC) is charged with exploring opportunities for increasing efficiencies and effectiveness in UC’s support operations and making recommendations about prioritizing and implementing those opportunities with the goal of improving operations and processes to create added value and reduce cost.
Opportunities for increased efficiencies and cost savings may be found in procurement, administration and facilities and academic support. The Council will identify and examine common symptoms of inefficiency such as fragmentation, redundancy, lack of standardization, unneeded hierarchy, and lack of automation evident in UC’s administrative and academic support practices and processes. Actions to improve efficiencies could include enhanced spend management, consolidating operations, shared services, improving processes, strengthening controls, and outsourcing where appropriate.
Given the potential scope of its work, the Council will establish work groups or action teams to focus on specific areas, functions or processes. For example, focus areas might include spend management, shared services, outsourcing, space utilization, including classroom utilization, asset management, and IT.
Let us hear from you!
Help share the news about efficiencies being pursued in the UC community, as well as ideas the Council can investigate.
Click here to tell us about current or recent initiatives in your unit, submit an idea for the council's review, or simply ask a question.
- Kathy Qualls, Office of the Provost
- Carol Metzger, Administration & Finance
- Dan Carl, College of Allied Health Sciences
- Gigi Escoe, Office of the Provost
- Joe Harrell, Facilities & Utilities
- Neil Holsing, College of Medicine
- Hal Jankowski, College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning
- Patrick Kowalski, Vice President for Finance
- Andy Porter, Space Management
- Martine Ryan, Administration and Finance
- Todd Duncan, Campus Services
- Shelly Sherman, Human Resources
- Jane Strasser, Research
- Christine Street, Business Core Systems
- Nelson Vincent, UCIT
- Student Members
- Bashir Emlemdi, Student Government
- Doug Donnan, SACUB