At UC, we understand what it means to be your partner in developing the workforce. We’ve been partnering with employers since we invented the cooperative education model in 1906, and we are still going strong 100 years later. We’ve spent years asking employers what skills students need and evolving our curriculum to meet these needs.
Educating students for professional success is woven into the fabric of our educational experience. This is why we’ve built experiential learning and career education into the general education requirements for EVERY UC undergraduate student, guaranteeing that all students will develop both the hard and soft skills to help your organization achieve its goals.
Hiring students can help set your organization up for success. Our employer partners are located all over the U.S. and abroad and cover a broad range of public and private industry, non-profit and government sectors, and the University of Cincinnati itself.
Hiring students can help you:
- Develop a pipeline of talent for permanent, full-time hires.
- Provide a cost-effective solution to complete seasonal or special projects, cover gaps, or free up more-experienced personnel for higher-level tasks.
- Add fresh perspectives, new ideas, and diversity to your organization.
All UC students gain real-world experience as part of their education. With UC, you can meet all your student hiring needs. From technical work to HR to marketing and beyond, we’ve got you covered.
Hiring a student is like other hiring situations, with a few important differences:
- Hire is temporary, not permanent
- Limited term - work or projects should be able to be completed in three to four months
- Entry-level - work should be appropriate to a student’s knowledge and skill level
- Part of a learning experience for the student - you become an active partner in the student’s education. Employers are expected to give constructive feedback, provide adequate supervision, and make a written assessment of the student’s performance.
- Employment and the employer must meet standards set by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
Use the links at left to browse our offerings and basic information to get you started. We’re also happy to have a detailed conversation with you about your needs and help guide you through the student hiring process. Contact us at email@example.com.