Things to Keep in Mind
When considering entering the International Co-op Program, keep in mind:
- Jobs overseas are not guaranteed.
- Wages for co-op jobs overseas are lower than in the U.S.
- Jobs in engineering and business are usually paid; jobs in other fields may be unpaid.
The program is heavily subsidized by UC, but there are costs, such as:
- Tuition for intensive language course
- Airline ticket(s) (Some companies provide tickets; most do not.)
Students may be able to apply for supplemental funding through other sources, for example: