The Office of Undergraduate Research recognizes and celebrates the achievements of undergraduate researchers and their mentors with a number of awards.
Presented to three outstanding research advisor-student pairs affiliated with UC’s Undergraduate Research Society in December.
Presented at a luncheon hosted by the Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education in April. Only Undergraduate Research Society members are eligible. Nomination deadline will be announced in spring 2020.
- Outstanding Performance in Undergraduate Research in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences
- Outstanding Performance in Undergraduate Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
This award is presented to the Society member who helps the most students get involved with research.
One award will be presented to the Graduate Student Association with the most members. Another will be presented to the individual member who engages the most undergraduatess for conversations about research and graduate school. Both are presented at the Undergraduate Scholarly Showcase.
- The Top 25 Award recognizes the 25 poster presenters who receive the highest scores and most glowing feedback
- The Top Three Award recognizes the three slide show presenters who receive the highest scores and most glowing feedback
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math