Hughes STEM High School
Hughes STEM High School is located across the street from the University of Cincinnati at 2515 Clifton Ave. Hughes offers students pathways in engineering, health and bioscience, software development, and plant and animal sciences. As a Cincinnati Public School, they serve 7th through 12th grade students.
The Center for Community Engagement is committed to strengthening the relationship between the University of Cincinnati and Hughes STEM High School through reciprocal partnerships that benefit all involved.
Many after-school clubs are forming or continuing to help Hughes students enhance their learning beyond their everyday classroom. Each after-school activity runs from 3:30-5:00pm one day per week. Learn which day each is on by clicking the links below.
- College Access: Help students with college & trade school applications, share your college experiences
- Math Lab: Make math fun with 7-8 graders using iPads to solve problems.
- Leadership Academy: Teach confidence and motivate students to stand up and become future leaders.
- Newspaper: Encourage creativity, share your passion for writing and help students create a student-run school newspaper.
All of the clubs are based out of Hughes STEM High School on Clifton Ave, within walking distance of UC's uptown campus. Contact the Hughes team for more information: email@example.com.
We have many opportunities for you to get involved and impact Hughes students. Many teachers are seeking tutors to help their students in the classroom and after school. We ask that you commit one hour a week, Monday-Friday from times between 8:45am-5:00pm. Listed below are subject areas of need:
- Algebra I & II
- Study tables after school
- Multimedia Management