Faculty will robe in the Faculty Robing Room in Fifth Third Arena (located in the Media Room). If you rented regalia, it will be available in the Faculty Robing Room beginning 90 minutes prior to the ceremony. When the ceremony is over, simply return your regalia to the same room.
If you are robing in the Faculty Robing Room, enter Fifth Third Arena at the Dabney Entrance (lower northeast corner). Volunteers will be on hand to guide you.
All faculty are invited to enjoy light refreshments in the Faculty Robing Room.
Faculty Roles at Commencement
Faculty Attending the Ceremony
Faculty who RSVP that they plan to attend the ceremony. Regalia is worn with this role. These faculty will:
- Robe in the Faculty Robing Room in Fifth Third Arena.
- Be guided to the designated faculty seating area after they robe.
- Sit in the designated faculty seating area for the ceremony.
Faculty Hooding Doctoral Graduates
Faculty who are hooding doctoral graduates on stage. Regalia is worn with this role. These faculty will:
- Robe in the Faculty Robing Room in Fifth Third Arena if they choose.
- Meet their doctoral graduate in the doctoral graduate seating area on the arena floor.
- Hood their graduate on stage.
- Return to the graduate seating area for the remainder of the ceremony.