Application & Experience Timeline
Use the botton above to access the application. We estimate it will take 15 minutes or less to complete.
No prior experience with D&D is required to participate! Although applications are open to everyone within UHP, we encourage first- and second-year students to apply, as many of the themes are most applicable to individuals transitioning into a University environment, as well as making sense of their time as a student.
- The application opened on Nov. 14 and will close on Nov. 27, at 11:59p EST
- Applicants will learn their status by Nov. 30
- An initial Zoom meeting will be scheduled during finals week
Before the semester begins
- Upon acceptance to the program, begin research and consideration of character goal
- Design character miniature on Hero Forge website and save .stl file.
- Meet virtually (1hr) to set mutual expectations, review safety tools, and further develop character
Weeks 1 - 15 of semester
- Sessions 1-15 of the story, followed by post-session debrief (3hrs each)
- Self-guided research and refections of both personal goal and character development (1hr)
Monthly progress assessments
- Virtual discussion and group reflection of the story and themes thus far (1hr each)
Weeks 14-15 of semester
- Synthesizing the experience and presentaton prep (2hrs)
- Presentations: sharing your experience with the group (2.5hrs)