Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The maximum occupancy limits are noted below:
- Studio: two adults
- One bedroom: two adults or two adults and one child under two years of age
- Two bedroom: four adults or three adults and one child
- Three bedroom: five adults or two adults and three children.
Only UC students and employees are eligible to lease Bellevue Gardens apartments. The apartments at Deckebach and Senator Place are reserved for graduate students. Vacant units at these complexes can be occupied by undergraduate students or employees if there are no interested graduate student applicants.
Certain individuals who are not eligible to lease apartments, but who are members of the Lessee's Immediate family (defined as spouse, child, legal ward, parent or sibling) or are a Lessee's domestic partner may jointly occupy the apartment with an eligible Leesee.
Domestic partnership is defined as a relationship that meets the following criteria:
- Partners are each other's sole domestic partner.
- Neither partner is legally married to or separated from another person.
- Partners have been in this relationship for at least six months.
- Partners intend to remain in relationship indefinitely.
- Partners are financially interdependent.
The apartments at these locations are not furnished.
The kitchens in Bellevue Gardens, Senator Place and Deckebach have the following kitchen appliances:
- Stove/oven range
- Full-size refrigerator
- Kitchen sink
- Dishwasher (Bellevue Gardens only)
Tenants can determine how many people will live an apartment as long as the maximum occupancy limits are not exceeded. Tenants are responsible for finding their own roommates.
Below are the steps of the process between submitting an application and moving into an apartment:
- An offer email is sent to UC email account with specific apartment number and move-in date if an available apartment matches preferred unit type. Check your UC email address on a regular basis.
- The offer gives instructions for accepting the offer and paying the $50 application fee. All tenants are required to pay this fee.
- Instructions for paying the $500 security deposit are sent once all application fees are paid by the tenants in the apartment.
- An electronic lease is sent after the security deposit payment is received.
- Directions for key retrieval and any applicable paperwork completion are emailed.
Offers are sent to UC email accounts if an available apartment matches preferred apartment type and desired move-in dates. Complete the following steps within two business days of receiving an offer email:
- Visit our application page.
- Click APPLY NOW.
- Click Log In at the top of the navigation bar. Log in using your UC username and password. This step will be skipped if you are already logged into the portal.
- Click MONTHLY RENTALS GRADUATE HOUSING.
- Click CONTINUE for term Monthly Rental 2020-2021 on the Term Selector page.
- Indicate whether you are accepting or declining the offer by using the drop-down menu. Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Enter your student number to accept or decline the offer. Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- You can go back to search for roommates by pressing the hot link above roommate search. Use the hot links on the page to search by details after you have answered the monthly rental profile questions and written your profile.
- Read the vaccination information, check whether you have had the two vaccines listed and check the box to indicate that you have read the information provided. Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Complete the monthly rentals occupant form if applicable. You may need to log in to Office 365 to submit your answers. Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE at the Pay Application Fee page.
- Review the application fee charge ($50). Click PAY NOW. Pay the $50 fee at the shopping cart page.
- You will be brought to the page that indicates you have successfully accepted your room offer. You will be sent instructions on how to pay the security deposit once all the tenants in the unit accept their offers and pay their application fees.
- Email our office to verify the names and UC usernames for any additional tenants to include on the lease. Tenants must be UC students, faculty or staff members.
Incoming tenants can move into the apartments at Senator Place or Deckebach in November or December with some exceptions. Move-ins are not available on the following dates because since Uptown Rentals offices (where keys are picked up) will be closed: November 26-27, December 24-26, December 31 and January 1. Tenants wishing to move in on a weekend or winter season days (December 23, December 28-30) are advised that University offices will not be open for assisting them.
Incoming Bellevue Gardens tenants need to schedule a time to pick up their keys on a weekday when UC offices are open. Offices will be closed November 26-27 and December 23-January 3.
Lease start dates will coincide with the date keys are retrieved.
Bellevue Gardens leases end 12 months after the lease start date or July 31, whichever comes first.
Senator Place and Deckebach leases end on July 31.
In addition to the CDC guidelines, use the following steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 when moving:
- Maintain social/physical distancing as much as possible during the unpacking and move-in processes.
- Practice good hygiene—cover coughs, wash hands frequently and do not touch your face.
- Wear a cloth face mask.
- Do not let people who are sick help you move.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces which could harbor the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Secure your apartment and your belongings:
- Unprop doors.
- Keep your apartment doors and windows locked at all times. Close the blinds in the evening or when no one is in the apartment.
- Secure valuables, money and documents in a locked place.