Grad Housing Winter Break 2021
Our office has put together some resources to help you plan for the upcoming winter break. We hope you are able to enjoy some rest and relaxation after the rigors of the fall semester.
University, state and federal COVID-19 practices continue to evolve and change as conditions change. Please note:
- All incoming and returning students are responsible for staying up-to-date on COVID-19 guidelines.
- As a reminder, facial coverings continue to be required in all campus buidlings regardless of vaccination status.
- Compliance with the vaccine requirement requires tenants to either submit proof of full vaccination or receive an exemption.
- Standards regarding return from international travel may be modified as global trends (e.g. new variants) are identified. Review UC's travel guidelines before departing and returning to the US.
Winter Break Travel Tips
Complete the following steps if you are traveling near or far:
- Secure or pack valuable items (prescriptions, passport and valuables).
- Close and lock windows, doors and blinds.
- Turn heat to 55 degrees or lowest heat setting to prevent freezing pipes and resulting floods.
- Leave sink cabinets and vents open to keep pipes warm.
- Clean your fridge by removing perishable and expired food.
- Bring your trash to the dumpster.
- Unplug your appliances (except kitchen appliances).
- Turn off your lights.
- Avoid packing your vehicle the night before your departure.
- Consider using USPS hold mail service. Select an alternate delivery location for packages while you are away to avoid packages being returned to sender or stolen.
- Submit maintenance requests for Bellevue Gardens, the Eden and Senator Place before leaving. This is especially important for plumbing/leaks, heat and pest control issues.
Office Closures and Other Reminders
Take heed of the following closures and other reminders:
- UC offices will be closed for winter season days and University holidays between Saturday, December 18-Sunday, January 2. You are strongly encouraged to take care of UC business before December 17. Phone and email messages will not be monitored during this time.
- Uptown Rentals offices will be closed Friday, December 24-Sunday, December 26 as well as Friday, December 31-Sunday, January 2. You can submit emergency maintenance requests by calling 513-861-9394 and following the instructed prompts Non-emergency requests will be completed when their offices are open.
- January rent charges will be placed on accounts by Wednesday, December 15.
- Spring parking permits are now available for sale for Eden tenants. Senator Place tenants who need permits can also buy them at this time.
- Update your phone number in Catalyst so you can be reached by the University if necessary.
- Finally, enjoy local attractions if you plan to stay in Cincinnati for the break.