Please complete the following departure tasks by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on July 31, your Sublease end date. We are not able to extend your stay past this time. Check your apartment thoroughly before you leave to make sure you have not left any personal items behind.
Thank you for staying in graduate housing.
Complete the following steps if the apartment will be totally vacated:
- Clean and wash all cabinets, cupboards, bathroom and closets.
- Clean the refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean the stove (including the burners) and oven.
- Sweep and mop all floors.
- Clean balcony/patio, removing belongings and debris.
- Remove all personal belongings, including furniture. Bring all trash to the dumpster.
- Reset your internet passwords to the original settings
- Remove your belongings and debris from the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and common areas.
- Remove name labels from the mailbox. Submit an online Change of Address form to the US Postal Service. Change your delivery addresses for Amazon and other online stores.
- Return your keys to Uptown Rentals by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on July 31. We are not able to extend your stay past this time.
- Complete all cleaning and remove all belongings before you return your keys.
- All apartment and mailbox keys should be returned to the Uptown Rentals office located at 2718 Vine Street by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on July 31.
Will any of your roommates be staying in the apartment?
- The deposit will stay with the apartment until everyone moves.
- Tenants departing occupied apartments will not be eligible to receive any portion of the deposit. The statements below do not apply.
Are you moving to another graduate housing apartment?
- Your deposit will roll over to your new apartment.
- You will have to pay to bring the deposit back to $500 if there are cleaning, damage or item removal deductions.
Are you leaving graduate housing?
One tenant should complete the security deposit forwarding address survey below, noting the following:
- The recipient must be on the lease.
- Deposits can only be sent to US addresses.
- Include the full address, including the apartment number.
- It typically takes about 30 days for the recipient to receive the deposit check. Please provide an address that will be valid for at least 60 days. It may take longer if the we do not receive a valid address in a timely manner.
Can I stay longer than 12:00 p.m. (noon) on July 31?
We are not able to honor requests to stay past this time and date due to the tight cleaning and turnaround time to prepare for new tenants.
Am I able to leave furniture or other items behind so my friend can pick them up?
We are not able to keep items in rooms after the lease expires. Please arrange for your friend to pick up the items before you leave.
Where do I turn in my keys if I am leaving at a time outside of business hours?
There is a secured box outside of the Uptown Rentals office where keys can be returned at any time.
What is the deadline for relocating into my new apartment if I am moving to a different apartment in University Housing?
Please complete your move by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on July 31.