Diversity Programming Fund
The office of Student Activities & Leadership Development supports student-led initiatives which help create an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity and enhances student's ability to become global citizens. Within this framework, SALD is accepting program proposals up to $500 from registered student organizations that support the institution's diversity initiative.
What is the Diversity Programming Fund?
The Diversity Programming Fund supports programs that reflect the following values:
- Personal and Intellectual Growth: The nature of the program should challenge students to think critically about concepts of which they may not have previously and to challenge their own assumptions regarding social justice issues.
- Community: As the programs supported by SALD strive to build community, these programs should build a stronger, more inclusive community for all students and enhances the opportunity for collaboration among different groups across campus.
- Learning: The foundational element of SALD is learning—learning about social justice issues, learning how to work with others, and learning about our own biases, assumptions, and areas of growth.
- Equity & Inclusion: Students and student organizations can continue to challenge others to explore contemporary issues related to systems of difference and inequality to empower them as agents of change in creating a socially just community.
- Integrity: Programs should support students in living their values and purpose through actions and standards.
Eligibility for Funding
- Funds are only available to registered student organizations.
- Funded programs must be free and open to all University of Cincinnati students,
- Each organization is eligible to request funds up to $500 and can only submit one application annually.
- Request for funding forms must be submitted 4 weeks prior to event.
Items NOT Funded
- Food and beverages
- Insurance, member fees or dues
- Honoraria for University of Cincinnati students, faculty, staff, or administrators