Faculty-Led Study Abroad Toolkit
Whether it's a Spanish immersion course in Madrid or Nursing students gaining clinical experience in rural Tanzania, education abroad is a life-changing experience for both students and faculty.
Experiential learning allows you to have a transformative impact on students' academic and holistic development, as well as grow your own professional development.
This toolkit will guide you through the faculty-led study abroad planning process from start to finish, including:
- Proposing your program - getting started, approval, timeline
- Designing your program - curriculum, location, budget, safety considerations
- Before you go abroad - program marketing and recruitment, application process, fees and scholarships, orientation
- While abroad - group management, tracking expenses, responding to crises
- After travel - reconciling expenses, student reflection
UC International also offers grant awards in support of the development of faculty-led programs.
Work with us.
Thank you for considering the opportunity to design a course with international travel for your students. We believe that study abroad has the capacity to change lives and admire your dedication and collaboration.
As you work through this toolkit, contact our office for questions and assistance. UC International is committed to supporting you in any way we can.