Faculty-Led Study Abroad Toolkit
Whether it's a Spanish immersion course in Madrid or Nursing students gaining clinical experience in rural Tanzania, education abroad is a life-changing experience for both students and faculty.
Experiential learning allows you to have a transformative impact on students' academic and holistic development, as well as grow your own professional development.
This toolkit will guide you through the faculty-led study abroad planning process from start to finish, including:
- Proposing your program - getting started, approval, timeline
- Designing your program - curriculum, location, budget, safety considerations
- Before you go abroad - program marketing and recruitment, application process, fees and scholarships, orientation
- While abroad - group management, tracking expenses, responding to crises
- After travel - reconciling expenses, student reflection