GRE Prep Course Registration
You are ready for graduate school. Let us help you take the first step to completing an advanced degree! This GRE Review Course examines the kind of information you will see on this standardized test so that you can do your best.
Each week, your experienced instructor will break down a portion of the GRE introducting you to the test format, how to best prepare, and guiding you through practice problems. You'll attend six (6) dedicated class reviews and a bonus "TKO Math Review" session to review key concepts and arithmetic for the mathematical portion of the GRE. To promote your retention of the material, we also intersperse review questions each week with new material.
Why should I take a GRE prep course at UC?
- University quality course at a reasonable price
- Format designed to accommodate students and working adults with busy schedules
- Guided walkthroughs and review of each problem and answer
- Ideal pace of 3-hour sessions offered over 6 weeks
- Limited class size
Who should take a GRE prep course?
The GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE.
What We Cover
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
- How to solve problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
- Strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined
- Sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed
- $400 for six sessions
Students will be introduced the GRE, and what the test is trying to examine. The structure and content of the test will be thoroughly looked through, and students will learn best practices on how to prepare for the GRE outside of the class. The majority of time will be used to tackle both the Analyze an Issue Task and the Analyze an Argument Task. Multiple guided examples will be provided, and students will work with the instructor to break down, answer, and score their responses.
Students will learn how the GRE measures Verbal Reasoning, and will learn the different types of questions the students will see on the GRE. Students will then work to solve Discrete Questions as well as Reading Comprehension Questions at varying difficulties.
Students will learn a set of General Problem-Solving steps used to tackle each question, as well as learn about the different types of Quantitative Reasoning Questions.
The TKO Math Review session covers additional arithmetic and mathematic principles, and algebra, geometry, and data analysis. This is not a complete remediation course, but is offered prior to the math sections of this course to help you identify key areas for remediation on your own.
Students will be introduced to the quantitative reasoning section of the exam, and will learn about the different question types as well as engage in numerous practice problems and learn valuable strategies
Students will examine the Quantitative Reasoning Measure portion of the GRE and begin to prepare for its portion on the exam. Students will learn a set of General Problem-Solving steps used to tackle each question, as well as learn about the different types of Quantitative Reasoning Questions.
GRE Test Dates
The GRE is offered year-round at over 1,000 testing centers around the US, including here at UC through Testing Services. You can take the GRE once every 21 days and up to 5 times within a 12 month period.